ClassDojo Portfolios are your child's digital portfolio that allow your child to share classwork with their teachers and family! Families can add to their child's portfolio using their ipad devices. Teachers can view and approve student work on Portfolios using any school device. Pupils can create and upload photos, videos, drawings, and journal entries through ClassDojo, and can also upload Microsoft Office files, PDFs, and image files. Parents and teachers can leave positive feedback in the form of a like and/or comments.
Stories are instantly updating streams of messages, pictures and videos similar to a Twitter-style timeline. Every class and school has their own Story, all of which are shared home with parents. School Story helps teachers to share with all families connected to their school while Class Story helps teachers to share with all families connected to their class.
Messages allow teachers and parents to instantly message each other, without needing to share phone numbers or contact details. Messages can be translated into 35 different languages, and "Quiet Hours" lets teachers set away times so parents know when they are not available. Messages sent out of hours will not be seen by the teacher until the next working day.
What does this mean for you as a parent?
Connecting with your child's teacher on ClassDojo will allow you to do the following:
- Review Class Dojo points your child receives
- Safely message with your child's teacher
- View, like, and comment on the pictures and/or videos that your child's teacher posts to Class Story
- View, like, and comment on the pictures, videos, text entries, and/or drawings that your child or child's teacher post to your child’s Portfolio
- View whole-school news posted to School Story
You will receive a unique email that will allow you to connect to your child’s class and teacher. Once you have created a parent account, teachers will be able to send you a unique code or link for your child’s account that will give them access to a pupil account, their Portfolio and Class Story.
Please note: email invites may only be used to create a parent account on the web. Once the account is created, you can access it on both the website and the app.
Important things to remember
- Class Dojo - Oasis Short Heath, is only available to parents and children registered at the school.
- Parents are reminded that they should not take images from Class Dojo and post them elsewhere online.
- The messaging system can be used to keep in contact with your child's teacher about learning and any ClassDojo related topics. If you have any serious concerns please contact the school via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents can message teachers, however a response will only be given during school hours, Monday-Friday, as the rest of the time teachers are set on ‘quiet hours’.
- If Parents have a query in the morning, they can message their class teachers between 8.45-9.15. Teachers can respond to your questions during this time.