We feel it is important for our young people to feel empowered and have a say in how they feel aspects of the Academy should be run. Therefore, we offer are a wide range of opportunities for students to take on leadership roles.
- Head Boy and Head Girl (Year 6)
- Members of the Pupil Leadership Team (Years1-6)
- House Captains
- Office Assistants/librarians
- Play Leaders/Equipment Monitors
At Oasis Academy Short Heath we understand that having that chance to feel heard by your peers and by our staff, being able to take part in special school activities and that finding your voice among the crowd is life changing for some. Therefore we give all of our pupils the chance to be a part of the student leadership team, and to be involved in all events across the year.
Pupil Leadership Team
Every class from Year 1 -6 elects a Pupil Leader to represent them as part of the Pupil Leadership Team. The group meet weekly to debate a variety of issues. The focus is mainly on:
- Developing pupil led activities within the school community
- Developing and maintaining roles and responsibilities within the school community
- Involving pupils in improving Teaching & Learning.