As a means of recognising positive behavior, building cohesiveness and providing a competitive element between our students, we have a House system in place.
Short Heath Academy Houses
Every child at Oasis Academy Short Heath is a member of a house - St George, St Andrew, St David or St Patrick.
Our house groups are used for a variety of purposes, including PE lessons, sports days, competitions and of course to create a sense of identity and community within the school. Siblings are placed in the same house teams when possible.
We hold termly house meetings and house assemblies to promote the house family ethos. We also use our house system as a way of delivering awards and positive reinforcement for good behaviour.
- Gold tokens are awarded to individual children in recognition of achievements linked to good work, good behaviour or individual achievement.
- Those tokens can then be deposited in your child's house tubes around the school.
- These are collected every Friday by the House Captains for our Friday celebration assembly.
- Tokens are then deposited into the large House Token containers in the school hall, during the assembly.
- The results for how many tokens have been collected by each house, each week, are revealed in the Friday celebration assembly and a trophy is awarded to the winning house.
- Each half term the weekly winners are collated and the winning house has a special extra play with additional equipment.