Role of Parents
We believe that all parents/carers have an important role to play in the education of their child. Therefore, we try our best to ensure that parents/carers are made to feel welcome and valued in their dealings with all members of staff. We recognise the role that you have played in shaping the development of your child, and the value in your partnership with the education going forward. We do this through:
- Providing opportunities for parents/carers to talk about their child with the Nursery Leaders before starting school with us.
- Parent Welcome Meeting for when your child will be joining us, giving you the chance to get to know us, and us you.
- Special Stay and Play Dates
- Encouraging parents and carers to talk to staff if there are any concerns. If needed a meeting will be set up between the staff and parent/carer so that any issues can be resolved quickly. There are Parent Consultation Meetings in the Autumn, Spring and Summer terms at which the teacher and the parent discuss the child’s progress in private.
- Parents receive a report on their child’s attainment and progress at the end of each school year.
- Having flexible admission arrangements that enable children and parents/carers to become secure, and by allowing time to discuss each child’s circumstances.
- Arranging a range of Parent workshops (post Covid-19) throughout the year that encourage collaboration between child, school, and parents/carers.
- Offering a range of activities that support the involvement of parents through home learning projects. There is regular communication with home through the child’s Class Dojo App.
- Providing, at the start of every half term, on our website and posted on the Class story of Class Dojo, a curriculum map which informs parent/carers of the topic and main objectives to be taught and learnt in the different areas of learning.
- Relevant information and diary dates are also frequently posted on the Class story page of Class Dojo.
The Pre-school should be informed as soon as possible if your child is unable to attend and you should inform us when your child will be returning. If your child must be absent over a long period of time, talk to The Nursery Lead, Mrs Tipper.